Tuesday 8 September 2009

What a difference in 24 hours...

Yesterday I was sweltering in high humidity and temperatures nudging 100 degrees and saying farewell to friends settling into the new surroundings of their Manse in Hong Kong. It had been good to have a break from the stresses and strains of my own move and to see how the relocation from Germany was going for the new Pastor at the Community Church of Hong Kong.
Briefly back in London to tidy up the loose ends of my time at Bloomsbury; to say farewell to our regular Tuesday Lunch Club diners and to see the results of a week's makeover on my former flat transformed for the new residents Vilem and Alena - I'm now in Walmer.
Its a balmy September evening - the Manse feels not dissimilar to the humidity of Hong Kong -but here all is quiet. A surprisingly large pile of mail demands attention and still there are the boxes stacked about the place awaiting my patient unpacking process to begin.
So, its been a strange day beginning and ending several thousands of miles apart and what of tomorrow? Another day of surprises and unexpected encounters...

No comments:

Post a Comment