Friday 18 September 2009

Chance encounters

It has been a funny old week as I've continued to settle into the 'new' community that is to be home. Already as I've wandered or cycled through town I've bumped into familiar faces and new ones. Everyone seems to have heard either that I'm back or I'm the 'new man at the church'. It has all been very affirming for me that this most unexpected and unplanned move back to Walmer is really what God has planned.
As yet, and perhaps they are waiting, no one has expressed surprise, merely interest in what I've been up to for the last dozen or so years since I left. Some have asked about the church and what we are planning for the future which is tricky to answer. Encouragingly many have said they are planning to come for the Induction but even more positively others say they are going to come on a Sunday.
Firmly of the opinion I am called here to grow the community I am optimistic and I hope that optimism can be shared and built upon.

No comments:

Post a Comment