Tuesday 1 September 2009

Twinkle, twinkle, little star

I'd forgotten what stars were like. Living in the centre of London one has become all too easily content at the 24 hour glow of the city. Gazing out of my bedroom window in Walmer the night sky revealed the countless twinkles of distant stars.
The simplicity of these little flickering lights reminds of the wonder of the created world we live in which all too often gets taken for granted, not even considered, in the hustle and bustle of the big city.
Returning to London for a few days before finally settling into the gentler pace of life in Walmer, the contrast is stark. Doubtless, over the coming months, I shall get used to this as I commute between Walmer and college in London but it will I hope serve as a weekly reminder that for many people in our society there is little time or opportunity given to wonder and marvel at God's creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment