Sunday 18 October 2009

Week 3 - Shhh1 Don't tell the college

Week three is now almost a distant memory as Week 4 dawns tomorrow very early.

Having been a bit negative about collehe worship, a surprise presented itself. The worship hour led by a third year student began with a time of reflection as we listened to 'Comfort ye my people' from Handel's Messiah and then we sang 'We are blessed' by Andy Flannagan. It was great to sing something I knew (thanks Tim for introducing me to it) which clearly many in the chapel has not encountered. Words with meaning work for me and it lifted my spirit and I was keen to report this to my reflection group who it seems had not heard of Mr Flannagan before.
Anyway, three assignments have been submitted to date. How soon they will be marked and returned I don't know but perhaps my pigeon hole will reveal all tomorrow.
1500 words on the authorship of Deuteronomy is the next challenge!
Here in Walmer it has been a good week. We've has the local school in to fill the church with pupils and parents for Harvest. Our Friday Night Pizza evening hit the spot with some frank and honest sharing which is the aim for the group.
Oh, and by the way, I was once again on the losing team at the Quiz Night.
We had visitors at morning worship to boost our numbers and complied with the swine flu guidelines by not having a common loaf.
Tonight we join with our friends at Mongeham for a united Baptists service with folk from Deal too at which I'm the preacher. (Don't tell the college I've exceeded the 4 sermons a month rule already!)

No comments:

Post a Comment